Fine dusts from organic or metallic components are combustible.
Herding® Filter Units can be equipped with preventive and constructive fire protection measures.
Preventive measures are for example:
- Design Filter Unit free of own ignition sources
- Use of a spark arrestor Herding® SPARKSTOP for spark-generating processes
- Regular dust discharge to minimize the dust amount inside the Filter Unit
- Passivation of the combustible dust by systematic addition of inert material to create a non-combustible mixture of dust and inert material
Effective systems for detection, alarming and fighting of fires inside the filter unit are available if constructive fire protection measure become necessary.
NEW: Herding® FLAMEBREAK
Fire Detection // Fire Alarm // Fire Fighting for Herding® Filter Units
- Integrated object protection system for Herding® Filter Units based on ISO 19353 „Safety of machinery - Fire prevention and fire protection“
- Accepted by relevant property insurer
- One supplier only for Filter Unit and Fire Protection System
- Use of extinguishing aerosol (for brand classes A and B) without oxygen displacement
- Fire Detection by heat detection cable installed at the critical spots in the Filter Unit